Adult Rat Pineal Gland Tissue
Fresh adult pineal gland brain tissue and media are provided to initiate a culture of primary rat neurons.
SHIPMENTS ON WEDNESDAY HAVE LIMITED QUANTITIES. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO MEET THE ORDER REQUIREMENTS THE ENTIRE ORDER WILL BE SCHEDULED TO SHIP ON THURSDAY.
Select overnight shipping for all tissue orders
- Melatonin production (derived from Tryptophan)
- Serotonin production (derived from Tryptamine)
- Circadian and Seasonal sleep cycles
- Circadian Rhythm
- Develops from roof of Diencephalon
- Rich source of adrenergic neurons and pinealocytes
- Neurons sensitive to adrenal hormone epinephrine
- Precocious puberty and delayed puberty have been associated with Pineal Gland tumors and cysts in humans; however the pathogenesis to these conditions is unclear.
- 17th Century philosopher Rene Descartes believed the pineal gland to be the “seat of the soul” and responsible for cognition; however evidence is lacking to support this hypothesis.
Please click here for our Adult Primary Neuron Plating Protocol